Thursday, April 12, 2012

Roast Beef!!

Okay, I know I am not a woman when I can NOT for the life of me cook a good pot roast! However I am going to try one more time tomorrow night! I found an amazing recipe tonight on PINTREST of all places!
It seems easy enough and I don't think I can ruin it :)

Do any of you have good roast beef/pot roast recipes???
I would seriously love to hear them!

This is the recipe I found!


3 pound beef roast (such as chuck roast)
1 envelope of dry Italian salad dressing mix
1 envelope of dry ranch salad dressing mix
1 envelope of dry brown gravy mix
2 cups water
Put the water in a measuring cup that is larger then the amount of water you are using. Now add and mix all three envelopes of dry salad dressings to the water. Mix until blended completely. Brown the roast (if desired). Add the meat to your cooker. Pour the water, salad dressing mixture over the roast. In the slow cooker cook it on high for about 4 hours on low about 8 hours.
p.s. I think I will make mashed potatoes and green beans or carrots to go with this! I usually leave the carrots and peeled potatoes in the crock pot with the pot roast...what about you??? 



Thanks,
Lauren Lo

Continued...

04/13/2012
I have started the roast beef! It is in the crock pot with red potatoes and carrots. I also put head and country seasoning on the roast before putting it in the crockpot.

Here is a picture! 


No comments:

Post a Comment